We have been registering domain names since the early 90′s, before Nominet was formed.
Selling domain names has become easier and easier with some companies offering domains costing less than the registry fee, as we all know there is no such thing as a “free lunch” and therefore we suggest you ask the following:
- Do the fees quoted include the registry fee ?
- Is there a charge for moving your domain name to another registry or host ?
- Will they invoice you for the domain ?
- Can you speak to a technician that has been registering domain names for over 15 years ?
- Do they have name servers in separate locations ?
- How quickly will they transfer your domain if requested ?
- Are they able to acquire domains owned by a third party ?
- Will you actually own the domain name and not end up renting it ?
- Will you receive renewal notices automatically for all domains ?
- Are your domain searches monitored and liable to preregistration before you get a chance ?
If you are considering registering a domain name that ends with .uk then please read Nominet’s terms and conditions for registration and renewal which are available by clicking here.